Saturday, December 15, 2012

NURSERY!!!!

Finally, the post you all have been waiting for!!!  The nursery is almost complete!!

Michael gave me permission to take pictures and blog all about it (you know I have been on pins and needles).  I had so much fun with all of my DIY projects!!

Project #1:  
My first project was to get all of our furniture the same color.  So, I spray painted a cheap little bookshelf that we are going to use as an end table beside the glider.
I painted it outside so I didn't breath in all the fumes. 
Project #2:
My next project was to turn an antique frame into something new for the room.
First, I took off the backing and glass and spray painted the frame white.
 I got this "G" from Hobby Lobby that was the perfect size to mount in the middle of the frame.

Project #3: My FAVORITE!!!  
I have been dreaming about this project ever since seeing a picture online (I really wish I knew where the picture came from, I found it a long time ago searching google images and saved it to my computer).  I knew I wanted to find frames in all kinds of shapes, sizes, and colors and put Grayson's name in a pretty orange.  I was able to find my frames from Hobby Lobby for 50% off and the wooden letters for $2.99 each.  The project ended up costing about $100 for everything (frames, letters, mounting tape, etc.).  This wasn't a bad price considering some that I saw online for sale that weren't nearly as cute!!
I didn't take any pictures of the process, because it was pretty self explanatory.  All I did was use scrapbook paper stock and cut it to be the size of the frame and insert under the glass.  Michael and I picked out our 10 favorite colors/patterns at the store and then lined them all up at home to pick out the best.  I'm glad we got extra because some looked great in the store and then weird once we got home.  Then, I used double sided mounting tape to attach my painted letters to the glass.  The hardest part was mounting them on the wall where the letter would all be level.

Almost Finished Nursery:
Our Dresser came from Miskelly's and the curtains are from Target.
 Our fabulous glider chair came from Miskelly's and the rug from Miskelly's Room Store.
Our toy chest was a bargain from Big Lots. 
 
 Our Jenny Lind crib and changing table were from Babies R Us.
The baskets are from Target.
 We are still waiting on the rest of our bedding to come in from Etsy.
This blanket came from Modern Made Baby.

I tried to provide links to everything that I could find online.  We still have one wall to decorate (the end-table wall) and little knick-knacks to decorate our changing table and dresser with.  I love how everything turned out!!

What do you think?!


Also, take the time to check out Funky Junk Interiors blog! They have some really cute DIY projects that I hope to try one day!
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

5 comments:

  1. LOVE!!!!! From christi burge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Olivia!! I love the antique frame with the G inside. Where did you find the frame?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the frame from Yesterday's Antiques on HWY 49 by Strickland's. Thank yall for all the sweet comments!

      Delete
  3. love the framed letters--nice job!

    ReplyDelete