Saturday, December 1, 2012

26 Weeks!! Name that baby!!!

We are at 26 weeks!!!!  Time has really flown by!!!

Michael and I have thrown around names for this whole pregnancy, and we keep coming back to the same name.  We have finally decided to stick with it.  We have had so many family and friends wanting to know the name so they can get stuff monogrammed.  Besides, I love talking to my belly and calling him by name.  I would keep it a secret and tell everybody when he is born, but that would require me to keep a secret.  Heck, I couldn't even wait the "customary" 12 weeks before announcing I was pregnant.  I think most people knew before I "announced" it anyway.  So, I actually agreed to wait a whole week and announce baby's name with my 26 week picture.  Are you tired of hearing me talk about having a baby name?!  Are you ready to know the name?!  (Ok, just admit it, you already scrolled down and looked at the picture!)

26 Weeks!!!! 

 Grayson is getting so big (the size of a head of lettuce!)!!  


Grayson Alan is special to us because Alan is Michael's grandfather's middle name.  When we told him that we were naming our son Grayson Alan Barnard, he said, "Make sure you spell Alan A-L-A-N.  That is how I spell Alan!"  His face just lit up.  I just can not wait to meet this little boy!!

I don't know my weight gain; we will find out at the next doctor's visit.  I avoid the scales.  I am sure it will be plenty though after my Thanksgiving weekend!  Still no stretch marks and barely an inny (seriously, how will my belly button ever look normal again?).  I am starting to want to eat meat again (not necessarily craving it, but I'm not picking the chicken out of my drunken noodles anymore).   Little Gray is getting stronger everyday!! Somedays I have to get on to him for hurting momma.... I forgive him pretty quickly though.

On a maternity clothing note.... I was getting so sad that my big belly was causing all of my long "tunic" shirts to become regular short shirts.  My favorite winter outfits involve long shirts, leggings, and boots.  However, I recently discovered that most of my pre-maternity dresses are now tunic-length! Wahoo!  Breaking out the leggings and boots!

Michael has started getting the nursery ready already!  He painted the room the other day (despite coughing up a lung the whole time).  He is so excited!  I catch him going in the nursery and just looking around every once in a while.  It's pretty cute.  Our changing table and mattress came in.  I can't believe he hasn't ripped into the box yet.  I might have to take a peak while he is away doing surgeries today.

I had a much needed girls' dinner last night.  It was so nice to see my work girls again!  I haven't been able to work much in November because of my clinical schedule.  Once that it is over, next week, I will be seeing much more of them again.

 These girls make work so much more bearable!
I love them even if they are cruel enough to make the 2 pregnant ladies pose beside the cocktail party sign... :P!

I'm pretty excited about my Nursery DIY post!  It should be ready soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment