Saturday, December 1, 2012

Nursery DIY!!!

One day I will post something about being gluten-free.  I am just so excited about this baby boy that he consumes my life right now!

So, I have really been wanting to get started on the decorating phase of the nursery.  Unfortunately, we are still on the cleaning phase (we had a lot of junk to get rid of).  So, I have starting saving pictures and taking mental notes of little DIY projects I want to do for the nursery.  I plan on starting some of them today.


I really want to put "GRAYSON" above the crib, but I want to do something a little different with it.  I am in love with the idea of finding a bunch of antique style frames, painting them white, and putting the letters in a stand-out color.  I would want each frame to be a little different like this:

I also think this would be a pretty alternative.  Finding one big frame and either putting the initials in the middle, Gray in the middle, or just a big G.  Or I could do the full name above the crib and just G above the changing table, but that might be a little much...


I do really like the poms in the corner above the crib (of course, ours would be shades of blue and white).  This would be an easy project since I already have some poms from my gender reveal party.

My final DIY is an alphabet wall.  I don't want a HUGE display, but something more like this picture.  I love all the different colors and style letters involved.  Maybe I could even find a big enough antique style frame to go around the letters.

 What do you think?  Am I going overboard with too many letters/frames/etc?  As much as I love pinterest, one of the most aggravating things is how trendy everything on pinterest is.  It is hard to make anything cute into an original idea.  I have kind of given up on finding something original (this un-creative mind certainly isn't going to think of anything), so I am trying to take multiple trends and make one unique nursery.  We will see how it all turns out. I will try to take pictures as I go!

I want to add a little sneak peak/hint of the nursery.  Michael said I am not allowed to post pictures of it until it is finished.  So, I will compromise and only post one picture of one object!
 

2 comments:

  1. As I crafted for our first nursery, Kevin joked that Aiden would most definitely know his name because I used it numerous times throughout his room in part because I wanted it personal even though we went thematic (nautical). Varying sizes and styles made it unobtrusive though, so my suggestion is if you do it over the crib and the changing table go with different styles. Over our changing table Aiden's name was spelled with maritime (9x12'' each) flags, whereas over his crib there were small letters on a plush fabric triangle banner.
    I suspect that your creativity will shine through in Grayson's room. If we have a little girl this time (I find out Dec 10th), I will struggle with the same issues as I want owls to be a large part of her room (I've known that for some time), but I kinda wish they weren't so trendy right now. I also kinda wish Aiden weren't the number one name.

    ReplyDelete