Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Recipe: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I don't really have time for a full post tonight.  I have been pretty busy procrastinating some school work.  So, I will post a very easy and yummy Gluten Free recipe!

One night a couple of weeks ago, my baby was craving some cookies (sounds so much better than, "I wanted a late night sugar fix so I made some cookies").  It was pretty late, and I didn't have many ingredients on-hand.  This is where I would like to say that I threw together some stuff and made up my own recipe, but I am not that creative.  So instead, I did a quick internet search for "easy gluten free cookies" and stumbled upon a great little website with a very yummy cookie recipe (Original Recipe).  It sounded quick, easy, yummy, and I had all of the ingredients!  I made just a couple of adjustments (because I was low on sugar).

(Gluten Free) Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

  • 3/4 cup of sugar
  • 1 cup of creamy peanut butter (I really want to try crunchy peanut butter one day)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg white
  • 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (I never actually measure, just drop in a handful)

Mix all ingredients together and put in freezer.  Then preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Once oven is preheated take cookie dough out of freezer and roll into balls (the bigger the balls, the bigger the cookie).  Place the balls on a cookie sheet (that has been sprayed with Pam).  Bake for 15 minutes (give or take, depending on how big your balls were).  They are done when the edges start to get brown.  Normally, I would eat my cookies immediately after pulling them out of the oven (burning my tongue and all).  However, these cookies actually do need to cool for about 10 minutes to get the nice crispy edges and gooey center (just have one when they come out and one 10 minutes later and be your own judge).  Enjoy!

I, personally, can't wait to try this out with butterfinger or snickers instead of the chocolate chips.  The possibilities are endless, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment