Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pregnant

Have I ever mentioned that I love being pregnant?? I know, I am only 16 and something weeks pregnant and probably shouldn't be saying this so early. I might jinx myself. But, I just love every minute of it. My husband might disagree because he had to hear me complain the entire first trimester, but he is just my outlet to complain to. Really, I didn't mind so much the being sick. It just reminded me of the little miracle inside of me (being pregnant makes me a little sentimental). But seriously, I can't complain much. I stayed nauseated but only actually threw up every other day or so. I'm also going to let you in on a little secret they don't tell you (at least nobody told me), pregnancy makes you so freaking constipated! Michael and I even had to make a middle of the night trip once to Walmart in search of prune juice, laxatives, and a fiber supplement. I would have gladly infected myself with the stomach virus if I knew somebody I could catch it from. Thankfully, that has been a little better since I started drinking as much liquids as physically possible and take Colace any day that I don't go #2 (poop).  I may be a little too comfortable with talking about my bodily functions, blame it on nursing school.

Anyway, now I am in my second trimester. I LOVE this trimester! I have my energy back, am getting a baby bump, and have an excuse to eat whatever I want. If you want to see a happy pregnant person, just bring me a snow cone and snickers!! You will be my best friend forever! Because I lost weight in my first trimester, my doctor even told me to eat whatever I am craving (he said that now is not the time to be healthy). That probably wasn't the best thing to tell somebody with an Abernathy sweet tooth! We will see if I caught up with my weight gain on Thursday :/. I have also started wearing some maternity clothes. I could probably wear most of my regular clothes if I wanted, but why do that when I can wear these comfy stretchy pants and have more room for a second snickers?!

On good days, like today, my Celiac + pregnancy isn't such a big deal. Luckily, I love a lot of things that I crave and can eat (potatoes, snickers, snow cones, ICEEs, blueberry muffins, grapes + cheese, and more). Michael made me some gluten free red beans and rice yesterday that was so good. I will have to post his recipe one day.

Anyway, I better get back to my clinical. Lots of Pap smears to do (don't want to leave those women waiting!).

No comments:

Post a Comment