Sunday, September 23, 2012

Home

I feel like I am already slacking on my new blog.  But, I have a good excuse.  Michael and I got to go visit home for the weekend (which we so rarely get to do).  We visited my family who surprised us with a bag full of gluten-free goodies and took me shopping for some maternity clothes.  We visited Michael's family next who surprised us with  tons more gluten free goodies and two fantastic gluten-free cookbooks.  I plan to try a new recipe tonight from one of the books, and I will post it later if it turns out.
See all the gluten-free flours, cookies, pizza crust, chips, pasta, and sauces?  We had to clean out our pantry just to get everything to fit!  I can not thank our families enough!  It means so much to us to be so supportive!

We had a lot of fun visiting both families.  We don't get to see them nearly enough.  It always seems like our nieces and nephews have grown so much!  We went to my parent's Friday night and my two sisters and their family came over.  My mom cooked a great meal of grilled barbecue chicken, macaroni and cheese (with gluten-free pasta), butter beans, and baked beans (all of which were gluten free).  We stayed the night Friday and spent Saturday day with just my parents.  They made us a wonderful gluten-free breakfast (pancakes and eggs) and lunch (gluten-free pizza).  I hate that everybody has to go through so much trouble just for me, but I love that they care enough to help me out.

Saturday evening we got to go to Michael's parent's house.  Michael's dad had been busy smoking a beef brisket and his mom cooked some wonderful potatoes (which she showed us how to make using a baking bag, we never would have thought of that!), green beans, and grilled corn-on-the-cob (I LOVE corn-on-the-cob, I don't think there was a kernel left).  Homecooked meals are always SO good!  Today we enjoyed a wonderful gluten-free breakfast and lunch that his parents made us as well.  It is so sweet of them to go so out of the way just for me!  We also got to see Michael's sister and her family today.  We really miss getting to spend time with family.  School and work keeps us so busy.  One of Michael's sisters even lives like 5 minutes away, but we hardly get to see her either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment