Monday, September 17, 2012

Introduction

It wasn't very nice of me to start a story without introducing the main characters.

My name is Olivia.  I am an RN that works at a big ICU saving lives (I like to think so, anyway).  I am only working PRN because I am currently in my last semester of grad school.  I'm getting my masters to be a family nurse practitioner.  I have been married for 3 years to my wonderful husband.  We have 2 dogs (children) named Charlie (our sweet, tender hearted mixed breed) and Zoey (the "Queen" of the house yorkie).  I am also 15 weeks pregnant!!  We are so excited and blessed to be having this baby!  My pregnancy, so far, has been a fairly decent one.  I dealt with some nausea during my first trimester and lost a couple of pounds.  But, that has subsided, and I'm sure the weight will be piling on soon! 

My husband is Michael.  He is a medical student in his 3rd year of a DO program.  What is a DO?  A doctor of osteopathic medicine is licensed to do everything a MD can do.  However, they are taught an additional course on osteopathic manipulative medicine.  This teaches them ways to manipulate the musculoskeletal system and relieve pain (back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, etc.), drain lymphatics, and do all other kinds of cool things (ask Michael).  As of right now, Michael is interested in becoming a gastroenterologist.  In the middle of medical school, Michael somehow finds the time to be a great husband.  I KNOW that he will be the best father ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment