Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Weigh In --- Slowly but surely

Ugh I am so ready to start my cleanse in August and start seeing some results faster!!  This weight is coming off SO SLOW!!!

Weight on Monday: 165.6 lbs (-4.4 lbs total; -1.2 lbs since last week)

I did pretty good last week as far as exercise went.  I ran my first week (3 days) of the couch to 5K (C25K).  It was a 5 minute walk then alternating 60 seconds of running and 90 seconds of walking 8 times, then a 5 minute cool down walk.  It doesn't sound that hard, but speeding up and slowing down is actually harder on your heart and will increase my stamina.  It about killed me, but I did it!  I'm working towards doing a "mud run" with my bestie in October!  I also did some ab and arm workouts last week.

My eating was OK last week.  I did pretty good during the week and managed to only drink 1 coffee and more water.  Last weekend, however, was just plain bad.  I ate hamburgers with gluten-free bread Friday and Chinese with the best on Saturday.  On Sunday hubby and I went with Sarah and Rico to a new restarurant (to me), Georgia Blue, and I got to discover another gluten-free friendly place!  They had an appetizer and a few entrees to choose from!  I could have done worse here, but I did manage to get some grilled chicken (topped with cheese and ham), sweet potato, and steamed veggies.  It is so hard to eat healthy when you travel!

I am starting this week off right though!!  Yesterday morning I ran week 2 day 1 of C25K (5 min walk; alternate 90 sec run 2 min walk for 6 times; 5 min walk).  Then, yesterday after work I did my first Zumba class (you read that right, 2 workouts in 1 day!).  I also ate a salad yesterday.  Today after work I plan to run week 2 day 2 and then to a yoga/pilates class.  I am DETERMINED to feel good about myself again!


No comments:

Post a Comment