Sunday, January 27, 2013

GF Cooking: E-Meals!!

I know my poor blog has been neglected lately (and taken over by baby Grayson).  Can I blame it on pregnancy-brain?  But, the good news is that I PLAN to post a lot more about food in the near future (don't worry, I'm sure Grayson will make his way into the blog plenty).

Why?

#1 (And most important): I have PASSED my board exams and am now waiting on a little letter in the mail that officially certifies me as a Nurse Practitioner!!  (So, no more coming home and going straight to studying).

#2:  I now work 8-5 and have much more time to devote to cooking when I get home (until baby comes, that is).

#3:  Michael and I have decided to try out e-meals!

What are e-meals?

It is a neat little website that lets you sign up for the type of food you eat (organic, gluten-free, low-carb, vegetarian, paleo, etc.), the grocery store you shop at (Walmart, Kroger, Publix, etc.), and the size of meals you want to cook (2 people or family).  Then, they e-mail you 7 dinner recipes (and lunch and breakfast if you desire) and a shopping list (including price if you picked your grocery store).

It is just so freaking convenient and easy, very healthy, and money conscious.  I mean, Dave Ramsey recommends it, so it must be good.

SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH EMEALS MEAL PLANS

Michael and I signed up for the gluten-free, Walmart, family plan.  Walmart only offered a family plan with the gluten-free option, and I really wanted to have a grocery list for a specific store.  It is really hard to find gluten-free items around this area, so I knew the more specific list would be helpful.  Besides, I can take left-overs for my lunch! 

We have already made the first weeks worth of meals and they were amazing!  The recipes are usually things we would never think of on our own.

Here are pictures of just 2 of the meals we made in week 1: Egg Scramble Florentine (eggs with spinach and peppers with a side of tropical fruit salad) and Cajun Chicken Pasta (chicken pasta with mushrooms and peppers and a homemade sauce and a side salad)
Look at all the fresh food we use now!

Everything we have tried so far has been wonderful!  I lost a lot of pictures of the meals when we changed phones recently, but I will do better this week!  My favorite meal this week was Turkey Ragu (it was a ground turkey mixture served over fresh butternut squash, Yummy!!)!  I also finally made a gluten-free baked oatmeal recipe that I can't wait to share!  I LOVE oatmeal!

So, keep your eye out for lots of gluten-free cooking in the future!

2 comments:

  1. Retailmenot.com lists a 20% off coupon with the code "newyou." You can also get 15% off with "newyear" and "dave."

    (I checked both of them, they do work. Takes almost $12 off of the year-long subscription.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! Wish I had known before signing up!

      Delete