Thursday, January 31, 2013

E-meals Week 2!

E-meals is still going strong! I am working out the kinks in finding my routine with it still. I love having a weekly grocery list, but I don't cook 7 nights a week. So, right now I am wasting some money on vegetables that may go bad before I cook them. Also, some of the meals are big enough to make a whole second dinner.

My plan: sit down and read each recipe before going to the store. Sounds simple enough that I probably should have been doing that from the start. I plan to pick out the 5 meals and sides that sound the best and then tweak the grocery list. This will save money and keep us from wasting so much.

Despite my problem with waste, I am still loving the food! Everything taste so fresh and healthy. I am short some of the everyday staples, so some meals take a little extra love to make the flavor. But, it has been so much fun trying all of these new recipes!

So far, my favorite recipes have been honey-Dijon chicken, sweet and smokey pork tenderloin, and the turkey ragu from last week. Yummy! And I am pretty excited about tonight's dinner, almond crusted tilapia with brussel sprouts! Yummy!

Check out this chicken and artichokes with a cold white bean and tomato salad! I was skeptical of the cold beans, but they ended up being my favorite part of the meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment