Monday, October 22, 2012

Nursery Planning!

Because we don't know if we are having a boy or girl yet, we are waiting to buy anything for our nursery.  But, I am constantly looking online and planning. 

I have recently fell in love with Etsy, and I really hope to get some custom crib bedding.  How awesome would it be to have one-of-a-kind bedding?  So far, my favorite shop to browse is DandelionBabyBlanket.  She has some of the cutest fabrics!

These are my absolute favorite colors for a girls room (coral and gray with a splash of blue):

I am going between these favorites for a boys room (blue, green, yellow [or orange]):





I always swore that I would never have an animal, princess, or Pooh themed nursery.  Simply because they are so common.  But, I do really like the elephants and giraffes on the first boy picture.  I also really like the owls in this blanket.

In either case (boy or girl), I want gray colored walls (like the #7 in the first photo) with a white crib.  I have recently really started to like the Jenny Lind cribs (this picture is from Target.  I love how they have not changed in years.  My mom said that my crib was a Jenny Lind crib.  Also, if we are going to get custom bedding, then I wouldn't want a bulky crib to cover up my pretty bedding. 
Who knows what we will actually end up with.  These are just my initial thoughts.  I also want a big comfy glider in a neutral color.  I won't be too picky here, because we have to save $$ somewhere.  But, I might as well post my favorite.  This is from Target, and there are plenty others that look just as plush and comfy and not so expensive.  How cute would this white chair be with the owl blanket draped over it?!

The last thing I have looked at is car seats.  Michael drives an extended cab truck and I drive a Honda Element.  Both of which will require a relatively small car seat.  My favorite so far is this cute one from BabysRUS.  It has good safety ratings and should fit will in our vehicles.  And, how cute would this orange seat be in my blue Honda Element?!

This is about as far as I have gone with my planning.  At about this point, I start to get antsy and want to buy something.  Well, colors and themes change depending on the sex of the baby, so even though I have a feeling it is going to be a girl, I better wait.  Michael has an equally strong feeling that it will be a boy.  What do you think about my plans? Any suggestions on decorations, car seats, or other goodies I have not looked in to yet?!

2 comments:

  1. How EXCITING! So, you can go ahead and paint the walls grey, to have something to do since you can't buy anything yet! I would be dying too. Ready to buy cute baby clothes too! I love the coral and teal colors for a girl. And the green and orange for a boy! It's not so PINK for girl or BLUE for boy ya know? It's different and very cute! I think my favorites are #2 & #6 for a girl. #2 is very classy looking and the plain teal color would look good with it just so you wouldn't be mixing up two different patterns. The crooked stripe design is cute but SO many people are doing it, I see it everywhere and it kinda makes your eyes hurt looking at it. Ha. Oh and the ruffles on #16 is SO adorable. Love that too. For the boy I like #2 & #4, #8 & #4 & #12. Those looked a little more plain but also very good looking in a boy nursery. And same reasons as I had for a girl. But these are just my opinions!!! They are all so cute! :) I know what you do will look great b/c these are all great ideas. I really love the orange carseat. Works for boy or girl. White cribs look great. & that is a NICE glider. You get whatever you are comfortable in! Might want to look around at consignment stores or something! haha! or say hey mom, dad, in-laws, guess what we need?? :) Anyway, this is fun!! Thanks for sharing!

    BTW - I love how we are the only ones who comment on each others blogs, but really I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poo.... and I forgot to tell you how much I loved the owl blanket. You should get it ASAP!!!

    ReplyDelete