Monday, October 29, 2012

Life lately

I know I have been slacking on the blog a bit lately.  My only excuse is that sometimes life just seems to get in the way.  I don't have any new recipes to post, because Michael and I have not really had time to experiment lately.  We did make some gluten-free lasagna one night, but it turned out OK.  I don't want to post a just OK recipe here!  So, when we tweak it and make it perfect, I will post it. 

I have been busy preparing for my Comps (a test on everything I have ever learned in grad school, it is pass or fail and required to get my degree) which is this Friday.  I have NO IDEA how to study for a test that is simply on everything.  They did give us a "study guide" that basically said know all material from all classes.  Thanks for the help guys....  So, if you happen to think about me Friday, please pray!!

Not only have I been trying to study my tail off, I have also been preparing for the big gender reveal party this Saturday (Why would I have a party the Saturday after my tests?  It was the only weekend I have off work.).  Although my timing is not perfect, I am SO EXCITED about this party!!  We have thought of the CUTEST theme and got some very fun decorations!  I think it will be a ton of fun for all the kids coming and fun for the adults that don't mind being a little silly once in a while.  I don't want to give away all of my secrets before the party...  Don't worry, I will post lots of pictures after.

But, since this IS a gluten-free blog, I will talk about what food we plan to serve (so far).  There will be a boy table with "boy food" and a girl table with "girl food."

Girl Table
  1. Gluten-free cake/cupcakes (girly ones)
  2. Fruit and caramel dip
  3. Chicken salad
  4. Peanut butter cookies
  5. Punch of some sort
Boy Table
  1. Gluten-free cake/cupcakes (manly ones)
  2. Red Beans and Rice with Sausage (Michael is determined to change this to something more classy, but we will see)
  3. Cocktail weenies (get it?! lol)
  4. Possibly something on the grill (I figured it would give the guys something to do, but I haven't thought of the actual food yet).
  5. Vegetables and gluten-free ranch 
Do you have any suggestions?  I know the food isn't very themed, but I don't want to overwhelm the party with such a specific theme.  And, I just like good food.  Since the party is at 1, I want to provide enough food to fill people up for lunch.  I am also determined to make (almost) everything at the party gluten-free.  I mean, if I have to buy/cook all the food, then I should be able to eat it, right?!

Anyway, I better get back to studying.  Keep your eyes out for my "22 Weeks" post and pictures (you will not believe how fast this belly is growing (Michael asked me last night, "When did you get SO PREGNANT?!") and the big Gender Reveal Party post!

No comments:

Post a Comment