Friday, October 5, 2012

18 Weeks!!

18 Weeks Pregnant!!

I can not believe how Fast this pregnancy is flying by! I know the name of this blog is a little deceiving (Gluten Free Barnard's).  But, I plan on talking about being gluten free and about the Barnard's (us)!  Michael said he saw a baby at clinical that was born at 23 weeks (WHAT?!!)! I can not even imagine having my baby in 5 weeks (much less the stress of having such a premature baby)! AAHH!! Ok, panic attack over. 

I had my first pregnancy blunder today... I was trying to do something nice for Michael my baby me and cook a gluten free chocolate cake.  I mixed it together and put it in the oven and set the timer.  I was so excited after waiting for a whole 43 minutes to look at (taste) Michael's my baby's my cake.  When I opened the oven the cake was still completely raw (what the heck?!).  Apparently...after preheating the oven to 350 degrees and inserting the cake and turning on the timer, I then turned off the oven (because it's dangerous just leaving those things on). Sigh. I heard this gets worse after that baby actually gets here? Nah, not possible.

So, I have been seeing a lot of pregnancy questionnaires on other's blogs.  Because I didn't want to be left out, I immediately googled pregnancy questionnaire and found one of my own (to steal from a random stranger's blog).

My Pregnancy So Far:

FIRSTS:
  • Is this your first pregnancy?: Yes!
  • How did you find out you were pregnant?: Well, we were trying to get pregnant and both Michael and I just had this feeling that I was pregnant.  One night at work I had an allergic reaction to something and had to go to the ER.  I told the doctor that we were trying to get pregnant and asked if he would do a pregnancy test before giving me any medicine.  The urine test was negative.  I was just not convinced.  So, I was the crazy lady that asked for a serum pregnancy test just to confirm.  He said that would be fine (as he rolled his eyes).  We didn't hear anything back from the doctor until he came to discharge me.  As he was walking out the room saying I could go, I asked what the pregnancy test said.  He quickly added (with a bit of an attitude), "Oh, it was 11, that indicates early pregnancy." (I think he was a little pissed that I wasn't a crazy lady after all.)
  • What kind of pregnancy test did you take?:  Well, I work at a hospital, so I may have taken a few serum HCG's to make sure the numbers were doubling like normal! (Our little gunner more than doubled! We thought we were having twins!)
  • How many?:  I may have still taken a few home pregnancy tests... only like 3, or 4.
  • What were your first symptoms?  bloating, nausea, extra veins (that Michael thought I was just wanting to see)
  • Who did you tell first? Andre and Gilbert, two of my friends that were at work when we found out; then our families.
  • Who was with you when you found out? Michael
  • Was baby planned?:  Yep (although we were thinking it would take a little longer to actually happen)
  • How far were you when you found out?: I guess less than 4 weeks, since I hadn't even missed a period yet.
MY BABY:
  • Due date: March 7, 2013                               
  • Do you want to know the sex?: YES!!                                             
  • Do you know the sex?: Not yet! We are having a reveal party in November for family and close friends
  • Any names?: We are between Kinsley Reese and Addison Reese for a girl and Caiden for a boy (no middle name figured out yet). Opinions? Suggestions?                      
  • Any ultrasounds?:  One around 6 weeks and the other around 10.
  • Have you heard the heartbeat?: Yep! Beating fast (so it must be a girl).
  • Who do you think baby will look like? I think the Clark genes and the Barnard genes are equally strong, so this baby is going to be a mix!
  • Will baby have any siblings?: Probably one day...
  • Have you and dad felt baby move?: Not yet... :(
  • When did you start to show?: I could tell around 13 weeks, but a stranger noticed for the first time at 17 weeks.
  • Are you excited?: Is it not obvious?
MISCELLANEOUS:
  • Did you have morning sickness?: Yes, but it usually hit me in the evenings more.
  • Do you have any cravings?: They tend to change from day-to-day, but my steady cravings have been ICEEs, snow cones, and snickers bars.
  • Do you have any mood swings?: It wouldn't be fair to Michael to say no.  Only around him though.
  • Are you a high risk pregnancy?: I wouldn't say high risk, but having Celiac disease does put me at higher risk than the average person.  I just have to be extra careful with staying away from gluten.
  • Any complications?: Not so far, but I'm not even half-way there yet.
  • Formula or breastfeeding?: I plan on breastfeeding.
  • Have you bought anything for baby yet?: Not yet, but my parents and sister have bought a few toys (this is going to be one spoiled kid).
  • Who will help with baby after their born?: I'm sure my parents and Michael's parents will.  We live 2 hours away from everybody but Michael's sister, so I'm sure Lauren will help some too.
  • What is your favorite thing about being pregnant?: My belly changing everyday, and reading my little updates on how big the baby is.
  • What is the worst thing about being pregnant?: The nurse inside of me hates that I can't monitor this little life 24/7.  Can't I just take home a doppler to listen to the heartrate every now and again?!
  • Whats one thing you miss doing since being pregnant?: Eating sushi... It is just not the same without the raw fish!                                      
  • Any days you wish you weren't pregnant?: Not yet.
  • Are you ready for baby?: Heck no! Baby has lots more cooking to do! I am in NO way prepared!       
  • How many kids do you want?:Maybe 2 or 3... we will see after this one
  • Do you talk to your baby?: Sometimes when nobody is around.
  • Do you still feel attractive?: I think I'm a decent enough looking pregnant woman... when I'm wearing makeup.
  • Have you had your baby shower yet?:  Not yet
  • Do you like kids?: Most of the time
PROGRESS
  • How far along are you now?: 18 weeks and 1 day.
  • How much weight have you gained so far?  6 pounds
  • Are you wearing maternity clothes? Yep, I'm not ashamed to admit it (they are SO much more comfortable!)
  • How are you sleeping? Good, except I'm having to get up 1-2 times a night to pee.
  • Do you have an innie or outie? So far, still an innie
  • What are you craving? Right now, anything except meat (loving all sweets, veggies, and fruit)

No comments:

Post a Comment