Monday, November 12, 2012

Recipe: Peanut Butter Pie

I'm sorry about the lack of posts lately.  School has really kicked up a notch lately, and I have been in a bit of a writer's funk.  So, I decided to go back to what this blog was meant to be in the first place: about gluten-free living.

With it getting close to the holidays, it is time to start posting some holiday foods.  This is one of my favorite, easy, desserts that can really impress at a party.

Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Pie
Ingredients
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
  • 1 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 (16 ounce) package of cool whip (thawed)
  • Chocolate syrup
  • 1 box of gluten-free chocolate cookies
  • Butter, melted
Instructions
  1. To make the crusts, blend up the cookies in a food processor, then add just enough melted butter to be able to press the crumbs into a pie dish.  Cook the crusts at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.  (I'm sorry I don't have any measurements here, I just kind of made this part up and it seems to work well every time.)
  2. Blend the cream cheese, sugar, peanut butter, and milk together until smooth.  Fold in the whipped topping
  3. Once the pie shells are completely cool, spoon the peanut butter mixture into the 2 shells.  Squeeze 6-8 straight lines of chocolate syrup over each pie.  Take a butter knife and make 6-8 lines perpendicular to the syrup (going in the opposite direction each time).  This will make the pie look so pretty!  Cover and freeze until firm.
  4. Eat and Enjoy!!



Making the gluten-free crust is the hardest part of this pie, which is still easy (as pie...).  I usually make one gluten-free crust and get one store bought crust for the other pie (that way one whole pie is all for ME).  I have also made the crust with gluten-free oatmeal cookies.  There are tons of possibilities.  I can't wait to try out some more desserts for the holidays!

Keep an eye out for our gluten-free dressing recipe.  It is going to be our first time making it, but I just KNOW that it will be fabulous!!

No comments:

Post a Comment