Sunday, November 4, 2012

Gender Reveal Weekend!!!

Finally, the weekend I had been looking forward to for SOOO long was here!!  Once actually here, it became a source of pure stress for me!  I mean, not only did I have my Comp exam to take Friday, but we found out that Michael had clinical that weekend and wouldn't be able to help me prepare for the party much.  Thankfully, my parents came down a day early to help me prepare. 

So, what was my big party idea that I was so proud of?!

Beau or Bow?!  We had mustaches and bows everywhere!

The "girl" table.
 

The "boy" table.

The cake with the secret hidden inside!

Everybody wrote their name by their gender pick.

I also had little mustaches and bows for everybody to pin to their shirts.  I told Michael when we were cleaning up that I wish I had taken more pictures of the decorations.  He said that I don't have to take a picture of every little thing.  I said, "but I need it for my blog!" 

After all the stressing, everything turned out perfect.  The beans finally got done for the red beans and rice (after transferring it from the crock pot to the stove and back to the crock pot again), the cake and cupcakes looked fabulous, and although crowded, there was enough room for our 30 guests.  Nobody even made fun of my silly mustaches and bows (at least not to my face). 

Finally it was time to cut the cake!! I was SO excited about getting to cut into our own little cake to find out the sex, that I thought everybody would want their own little cupcake to open as well.  Well, it turned out that everybody just wanted to watch our reactions (I didn't think of that...).  I didn't really care as long as I got to cut into my cake!!
 This is my favorite picture of my night! Look closely at Michael's face! (After this, he proceeded to fist pump while saying "It's a boy! It's a boy!")
 
We had a blast!! I am so thankful for our sweet families that drove 2 hours for our party and our awesome friends!

So, if you haven't figured it out by now, we are having a BOY!!!  Our poor baby is going to come out thinking he is a girl and his name is Kinsley, because I have been so convinced he was a girl for the past 22 weeks that I constantly referred to him as "she" or Kinsley.  Poor thing. 

Now we have to actually think of a boy name.  It has been so hard for us to come up with a boy name!! Nothing has just clicked as the perfect name yet.  Suggestions?!!

1 comment:

  1. SO EXCITING!!!!! Yay for boys!! I want a boy when I have a baby... fingers crossed. :) My BF has a niece named Kinsley. But that can't so much work for a boy! I like to find out family names and see if I can piece together something from that. So maybe you guys have grandparents, aunts, uncles, mother's maiden names that might work. :) Love you & the pics!

    ReplyDelete