Wednesday, April 3, 2013

1 Month Milestones!

Grayson is 1 month old! I cannot believe how fast this booger is growing! (I wrote this post at 1 month and forgot to publish it!)

Milestones:
- Can pick up head for short periods of time
- Rolls from back to side
- Plenty of gas grins
- Gives big, wet, open mouth kisses
- Loves to suck on his wrist
- Hates baths
- Hates diaper changes
- Weighs 8 pounds 4 ounces!!Wow!!
- 21 inches long
- Wakes once during the night (most nights)
- Sleeps in his crib!! Wahoo!!
- Is pretty much the cutest baby ever!!

Grayson is such a good baby! Poor thing has a Virus right now and an upset tummy! But he is still in a good mood most of the day. I love Baby Wise and getting him on a schedule! It has been a savior as far as getting us some sleep at night, and forcing me to put him in his crib!

I did end up having to supplement my breastfeeding with formula. I tried everything to increase my milk production (fenugreek, Reglan, pumping between feedings, feeding for longer). The doctor thinks that he may not have a great latch because of his facial asymmetry with the craniosynostosis. Whatever the reason, I am just glad to be done STRESSING over making enough milk. Now, I just breastfeed some and pump when he takes a bottle. I hope to keep giving him at least one bottle of breast milk a day until his surgery.

First 2 pictures are at 1 month, second 2 are at birth:







1 comment:

  1. He is growing fast! Glad that you are able to not be stressed about feeding him. That is so difficult especially to add to all the other concerns that get brought to the table. It's great to have the privilege of both. I became well acquainted with fenugreek (we didn't wind up needing to supplement but were open to the option- we actually did use a sns for a few feedings when we needed to monitor input and output). I think it tastes bad (I took the actual stuff because it was easier to access than tablet form), but it really increased my production through the few slumps that I had. It was really weird to have a maple syrup body odor though.

    I'm glad to hear that you have a doctor who is familiar with Grayson's condition. I know that must be such a comfort. You all stay in my prayers. I am glad to have the privilege of sharing your journey through facebook and your blog. I have enjoyed following for the last nine months or so and look forward to hearing more as he continues to grow.

    ReplyDelete